Farnborough Airshow 16-22 July 2018
The Farnborough International Airshow is a week-long event that combines a major trade exhibition for the aerospace and defence industries with a public airshow. The event is held in mid-July in even-numbered years at Farnborough Airport in Hampshire, United Kingdom. The first four days (Monday to Thursday) are dedicated exclusively to trade, with the final three days open to the public.
Funfacts about Farnborough
- At the 1958 show, the Black Arrows executed a 22-plane formation loop. This remains a world record for the greatest number of aircraft looped in formation.
- The show was initially an annual event, but has been biennial since 1962. It has become an international event that attracts exhibitors from all over the world — with the exception, during the Cold War, of countries from the Soviet Union.
Numbers of 2016
- More than 1500 exhibitors from 52 countries
- 82 OF THE TOP 100 AEROSPACE COMPANIES PARTICIPATED AT FIA 2016
- $124 Billion orders and commitments placed during FIA 2016
Pictures via Instagram @rafredarrows